On behalf of the Dutch Society for Mass Spectrometry (NVMS), we would like to warmly invite the International Mass Spectrometry Foundation and its affiliates to host the 22nd International Mass Spectrometry Conference (IMSC) in 2018 in Maastricht, the Netherlands. A city in the southern Netherlands and situated between the hills of a beautiful countryside.
As highlighted by the mayor, Maastricht is an appealing location for an international conference. As for the expected extensive number of visitors from all over the world, as well as for the potential exhibitors. It’s central location in Europe makes it easy accessible and Maastricht is experienced in hosting international groups.
Albeit a small country, the Netherlands has a long tradition and an active community in Mass Spectrometry. This is among others reflected by possibly the highest density of Mass Spectrometers in the world. Our Dutch Mass Spectrometry community is well embedded in academia and industry and has strong global collaborations, in nearly all different fields our beloved core-technology is used in...
• Rooms in budget hotels: 39
• Rooms in standard hotels: 2.514
• Rooms in luxury hotels: 1.472
• Distance to Schiphol Airport: 219 km
• Distance Brussels Airport: 100 km
• Distance to Antwerp International Airport: 125 km
• Distance to Düsseldorf International Airport: 100 km
• Distance to Maastricht- Aachen Airport: 9 km
• Capacity of largest auditorium: 1.650 guests
• Capacity of largest exhibition space: 30.000 m²
• Largest conference centre:
Maastrichts Expositie & Congres Centrum
6229 GV Maastricht
T +31 (0)43 383 83 83
F +31 (0)43 383 83 00